The Complete Guide to Fasting – A helpful book summary for your fasting journey
Publish Date: October 2016
Difficulty Level: Easy Read
An easy step-by-step explanation on how to implement fasting into your lifestyle and why fasting is so beneficial to our health.
- This book is a classic. For me personally, it was one of the very first I found on fasting as it was one of the first modern books published on the topic (in 2016) and came along shortly after I’d become obsessed with fasting. It is written by Jimmy Moore and Dr. Jason Fung and the content holds up well to this day.
- It is one of the best “breadth books” on fasting. It does not delve into the science as deeply as some of the other Dr. Jason Fung books like The Obesity Code, but it gives readers a great foundation and span of fasting information on which to build from.
- In particular, I like that includes a section on The History of Fasting, success stories from real people (including Jimmy Moore), and details on how to fast.
- Why they feel the need to include recipes in a FASTING book for anything besides water and bone broth baffles me. But, I love the book despite the recipes.
- If you’re new to fasting this is one of the best books to start with! If you’re moderate to advanced level and just need a little inspiration this is a great choice. If you’re hoping for a lot of science, new research, or in-depth specifics — this is probably not the book for you, but you might enjoy:
- The Hungry Brain — If you want to know about the role our brain in the modern world plays in weight gain, obesity, and chronic disease
- Pure, White, and Deadly — If you are curious about what science knows about the most popular powdery white substance and it’s a film!
- Some of Dr. Jason Fung and Dr. Megan Ramos’ other books: The Obesity Code, The Diabetes Code, and The Cancer Code
Thousands of books have been written about the latest and greatest diets that will help people lose weight and improve health. But a key element in any successful nutritional health program is a tried-and-true method that most people haven’t thought about—yet it could be revolutionary for taking health to the next level. This ancient secret is fasting.
Fasting is not about starving oneself. When done right, it’s an incredibly effective therapeutic approach that produces amazing results regardless of diet plan. In fact, Toronto-based nephrologist Dr. Jason Fung has used a variety of fasting protocols with more than 1,000 patients, with fantastic success.
In The Complete Guide to Fasting, he has teamed up with international bestselling author and veteran health podcaster Jimmy Moore to explain what fasting is really about, why it’s so important, and how to fast in a way that improves health. Together, they make fasting as a therapeutic approach both practical and easy to understand.
The Complete Guide to Fasting explains:
• why fasting is actually good for health
• who can benefit from fasting (and who won’t)
• the history of fasting
• the various ways to fast: intermittent, alternate-day, and extended fasting
• what to expect when starting to fast
• how to track progress while fasting
• the weight loss effects of fasting
• how to ward off potential negative effects from fasting
The book also provides tools to help readers get started and get through their fasts, including a 7-Day Kick-Start Fasting Plan and healing liquid recipes.
Link to the audio book: https://www.audible.com/pd/Summary-The-Complete-Guide-to-Fasting-by-Dr-Jason-Fung-Audiobook/B07GZ9KZFC
Find it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Fasting-Intermittent-Alternate-Day/dp/1628600012